5 December 2014

IMPT UPDATE:
I HAVE FOUND MY FRYING PAN AND IT IS NOT BURNT 
THERE CAN BE MIRACLES
WHEN YOU BELIEVE
THOUGH HOPE IS FRAIL
IT'S HARD TO KILL 

I have spent my entire week adopting the lifestyle of a sloth (except for yesterday when we went to town to watch Mockingjay)(which was ok-- some parts were boring but overall I think it was done well) and that is how I plan to spend the rest of my week.

Almost died the day before for the second time since coming here (this is what I get for eating so much expired food #unilyfe) and called Denise over in case I needed an ambulance or something. In the end the moment she entered my room I went to the toilet bowl with the intention of puking my guts out and ended up letting out a monster burp and the pain just ~went away~. Then we talked for like 5+ hours about life and future singsoc plans and boys and... boys. and idk I feel like I know myself better now; like I'm starting to feel different about what happened-- kind of like the feeling has become more intense but less at the same time. I am incapable of explaining this. HAHAHHAHH


Last day of school today!!!!!! I've been looking forward to this day for so long but at the same time I can't believe I've survived here for a term. I didn't even realise it when I walked out of class today but after a few moments I was like
... omg..... OMG..... SCHOOL IS OVAr HAHAHHAAHA



Wearing my coat because it has been cold the past few days. Sudden realisation that people back home prob have no idea how I dress here (not like they care) but my fav thing about coming here must really be the weather and the fact people don't already have impressions of me, which means I can wear whatever I want (which is something I never had the courage to do in Singapore bc sweat and fats)(having to wear a sleeveless shirt is my greatest nightmare I would give up many things to NOT bare my arms). I know I was never seen as the ~fashionista~ but it's something I actually really care about and am so thankful I'm able to express myself properly here. Kind of like me starting a new life with completely new people and part of why I feel like I know myself better here (because as lydia says on her blog I too believe my clothes are part of my identity).


Last meal in school with my fellow asians heheh see u next yr ^^ 

Waiting for time to pass so I can finally pop over to Lydia's for a very Singaporean dinner with my Singaporeans. Life is goooood 

No comments:

Post a Comment